Wilson “Bo” C. Muhlheim
Oregon business is part of Bo’s DNA. For 40 years, Bo has done what comes naturally — he has successfully assisted large and small Oregon businesses resolve difficult commercial and financial situations.
Publications & Presentations
- Adjunct Professor, Secured Land Transactions, University of Oregon School of Law, 2004-2005
- Frequent Speaker at the Northwest Bankruptcy Institute
Wilson “Bo” Muhlheim grew up in Eugene. After working in his family’s contracting firm, he pursued his undergraduate studies at Claremont Men’s College before graduating from the University of Oregon School of Law with honors in 1968. Bo then served four years as an officer in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps of the United States Army. In 1972, he entered private practice in Eugene, Oregon, eventually becoming the senior member of the creditors’ rights department of one of Oregon’s larger law firms. In that capacity, his practice emphasized representation of lending institutions and regulatory agencies faced by increasing incidents of default in their commercial loan portfolios.
In 1992 Bo started a boutique firm emphasizing representation of both creditors and debtors, as well as other interested constituencies in commercial and bankruptcy litigation, insolvency proceedings, and business reorganizations. In 2011, the firm restructured in a way that brought Bo to Luvaas Cobb where his expertise in commercial law and financial dispute resolution compliments the firm’s well-established business law and litigation practice.
Bo is board certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification and has been consistently recognized as one of Oregon’s preeminent commercial bankruptcy practitioners by The Best Lawyers in America. During the 2004-05 academic year, he sat as an adjunct professor of law teaching Secured Land Transactions at the University of Oregon School of Law. Mr. Muhlheim is admitted to practice in all State and Federal Courts in Oregon, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Muhlheim has served as a lawyer representative to the United States Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference. He sat on the Ethics Committee of the Oregon State Bar from 2012-2015.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow of Litigation Counsel of America, Trial Lawyer Honorary Society, 2007-2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Business Bankruptcy, 1989-present
- Oregon Super Lawyers, 2006-present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon State Bar
- Roland K. Rodman American Inn of Court in Eugene
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Debtor-Creditor Section, Oregon State Bar
- Veterans Law Section, Oregon State Bar
- Lane County Bar Association
- Vietnam Veterans of America