Jessica A. Rogers
Approachable and compassionate, Jessica enjoys helping clients achieve their goals and plan for the future.
- Broadcast, Media and Communications Law
- Business and Corporate Law
- Elder Law
- Nonprofit Organizations and Charitable Giving
- Real Estate Law
- Trusts, Estates and Tax Law
Publications & Presentations
- "Professional Corporations" Ch. 33 Advising Oregon Businesses (2017), co-author
- "Issues Arising Under Contracts and Articles 2, 3, and 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code" Ch. 14 Oregon Statutory Time Limitations (2014), co-author
- The Problematic Probate, Lane County Bar Association Probate Section, February 10, 2015
- Wills — Drafting Tips for the “Simple” Estate, Lane County Bar Association Probate Section, April 8, 2014
- Protective Proceedings, Part One: Initiation of Guardianships and Conservatorships, Lane County Bar Association Probate Section, March 12, 2013
- Initiating Probate, Lane County Bar Association, December 11, 2012
- Small Estates, Joint Tenancies, and Probate Avoidance: Tips, Traps, and Techniques, Lane County Bar Association, March 13, 2012
Jessica grew up in the small Eastern Oregon town of Milton-Freewater. After graduating from Gonzaga University she moved to Eugene to attend law school at the University of Oregon. She clerked for the Honorable Mary Ann Bearden, the then-presiding judge of the Lane County Circuit Court, after her graduation in 2005. She joined Luvaas Cobb as an associate in 2006 and became a shareholder in 2014.
Jessica’s primary practice areas are estate planning, trust and probate administration, real estate transactions, and business matters. She has additional experience helping nonprofit entities obtain tax exempt status and has represented guardians and conservators in protective proceedings.
“Helping people understand their options and making informed decisions that best protects their interests has been deeply rewarding,” says Jessica. “I find great meaning in the relationships I build with my clients, and consider myself fortunate to be able to help people and earn their trust.”
Jessica is an active member of the Lane County Bar Association’s Probate Section. She is a regular volunteer for Lane County Legal Aid’s Senior Law Center, and will be volunteering for the Wills for the Underserved Program in the fall of 2016. Outside the office, Jessica and her husband Jason are busy raising three children, Zack, Nolan and Henry, and enjoy gardening and exploring all that Oregon has to offer.
- Gonzaga University (B.A. in History, 2002), magna cum laude, Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society
- University of Oregon School of Law (J.D., 2005), Managing Editor, Oregon Law Review (2004-2005)
- Campbell Senior Center, volunteer attorney (2009-present)
- Downtown Initiative for the Visual Arts (DIVA), treasurer; board member (2008-2011)
- Eugene Chamber of Commerce
- Eugene Young Professionals Network