Lann D. Leslie
Lann became a lawyer because he wants to help people. He takes a focused, efficient approach to gaining the best possible result for his clients. “I’m always prepared to present your case at trial if an early resolution is not possible,” he says. “I love to advocate for people.”
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Construction Law
- Insurance Coverage
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate Law
- School Districts and Public Bodies
Publications & Presentations
- Author “Seller Disclosures in Real Estate Transactions,” presented to Eugene area real estate brokers
Lann is a civil trial attorney with over thirty years of experience. He has tried significant cases in all Oregon and federal courts for the defense and prosecution including:
- Tort claims: personal injury, product liability, governmental liability, sex abuse and vehicle accidents.
- Real estate/environmental: sales transaction, boundary disputes, chemical and timber trespass, groundwater and petroleum contamination.
- Construction defects: water intrusion, mold and hazardous materials contamination.
- Professional liability: architect, attorney, engineer, insurance agent, realtor and physician malpractice.
- Commercial litigation: trade secrets, employee non-compete agreements, bond and surety claims and UCC disputes.
Lann belongs to the Oregon State Bar Association, Lane County Bar Association and Oregon Association of Defense Counsel.
He has a strong personal interest in sustainability with expertise in carbon credit agreements involving forest practices, conservation easements, and the development of fuel efficient household appliances to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in developing countries while helping to improve human health and the environment. Lann and his family received a national award for their restoration efforts on property they’ve held for nearly a century on the Coquille River in southwest Oregon.
- University of Oregon (B.A. Economics, 1978) Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Oregon School of Law (J.D. 1982)
- Mount Pisgah Arboretum, Board President
- Aprovecho Research Center, Board of Directors
- Lane County Attorney-Realtors Association, member and past chair
- Amigos de los Sobrieventes, board member
- Eugene Concert Choir, board of directors, president
- Lane County Mental Health Advisory Board, member and chair
- Kidsports, soccer coach
- US Fish and Wildlife Service National Wetlands Conservation Award, 2000